20 October 2007
Missouri Fall Turkey Seasons
Posted by Darrell under: Turkey .
Hunting Missouri Turkeys in the Fall is about as much fun as you can have. The two most common ways to hunt turkey in the fall is to 1) walk until you find them, bust them, and then call them back in or 2) ambush them.
Yesterday, I decided on an ambush. You have to remember that turkeys can see and hear about as good as any animal alive. You have to be quiet and still. I’ve had them bust me by seeing my eyes blink. They are that good.
Firearm season ends soon (my tags are filled!), but archers have until Jan 15 to continue turkey hunting!
Fall Firearm Season Details:
* October 1 - 31 (time is running out!)
* One-half hour before sunrise to sunset
* Two turkeys of either sex may be taken during the season, and them may both be taken on the same day!
* A shotgun with shot not larger than No. 4 or a bow
* Crossbows are not allowed
Archery Details: (you need to be a really good shot!)
* Sept 15 - Nov 9, 2007
* Nov 21 - Jan 15, 2007
* One half our before sunrise to one half hour after sunset
* Two turkeys of either sex may be taken
* longbows, recurve bows, compound bows allowed
* Crossbows not allowed - so apparently you can’t hunt turkey in the Fall during either season with a crossbow